My name is Rahima Islam and I'm an author and Scientist. I have studied science to a degree level and I work in the field of science. I am a devote believer in Islam and I am still studying and learning about my religion. I have completed an Alimah course and have attended Tajweed, Tafseer and Arabic courses. For these reasons I write books from an Islamic and Scientific perspective. I have currently published five books and I am in the process of writing my 6th book. I write both fictional and non fictional books.
My first book 'How on Earth is modern science mentioned in the Quran?' was written when I first discovered scientific discoveries mentioned the Qur'an, I was intrigued at what I was finding out and although many had already written about this topic, I felt the need to compliment their writing. In this book I write about many fascinating scientific discoveries which have been mentioned in the Qur'an. I wish to write a second edition of this book in the near future because with time, new discoveries are being made and I would like to add those to my book.
My second book 'Empty arms, broken heart. My journey through grief. An Islamic and scientific perspective on miscarriage' was written to help me in my grieving process at a very difficult time in my life, when I lost my baby daughter at 23 weeks gestation. It was a topic nobody spoke about and my aim was not only to help myself, but to help those that had been through what I had experienced. It includes Qur'anic verses and Hadith about the loss of a baby and is complimented with scientific evidence.
My third book; 'Parenting: A sacred privilege. Advice and recommendations on parenting from an Islamic, scientific, psychological, sociological and personal perspective', was written to help myself and others facing parenting in modern times. Parenting changes with time and it is a topic that must be talked about. Being in the middle of my parenting journey, this book has helped me immensely and reached people of all walks of life. Again this book provides Qur'anic verses to help with the parenting journey, these verses are supported my scientific, psychological and sociological studies.
My fourth book; 'There's no compromise' is written in a different format, it is written in the form of a novel. Growing up in the UK and raising three young girls has allowed me to create a book for people wanting to understand Islam from the eyes of a young Muslim girl. Safiyah Kareem, my fictional character is a 10 year old Muslim Indian girl, growing up in the UK. With the challenges of growing up and the added dilemmas of being a Muslim in a society where Islam is misunderstood and misinterpreted, Safiyah faces day to day challenge, that she learns to deal with. One thing she does't do it compromise her religion. Islam. My illustrator Fahmida Zaman has beautifully illustrated this book.
My Fifth book is a journal; 'My Hajj Journal 2019' provides the reader with my experiences, my memories and the life lessons I learnt. It provides stories of the Prophets who carried out the rituals of Hajj and it provides tips and suggestions for those want to pursue their journey of a lifetime.
My books have been launched and are available to purchase from Amazon and other on-line platforms, such as; Goodreads, Thriftbooks, Bookdepository, Abebooks, Picpanzee, Magrudy, Ebay, Barnesandnoble, Adlibris, Booktopia, Loot, Walmart, Archiwum, Flipkart, Google, Bol, Bokus and Picdeer.
My books are available to borrow from the British Library and they have public lending rights. My books are available to buy from Darrusalam and Al-Khidmar Tour travel agent.
My books have sold globally, from the Europe to USA and South Africa to Australia.
I've been interviewed on Betar Bangla radio station, talking about my books and how I have reached out to those who have found it difficult to talk about some of the topics I have mentioned in my books. For impacting the lives of others I have been recognized by the Zakigong Welfare association and I have been awarded for my role in society.
My book launch party appeared on channel s news, NTV news and Channel i news. My very first launch was at Nelson college London, where hundreds of people came to celebrate the release of my books. I have also launched my books online and I have attended book fairs and book signing events to promote my books.
Many exciting events will be lined up, stay tuned to join in. Keep an eye out for my next Book launch party.
- An update of what I’ve been up to this year (2020) 9th December 2020
- New online course to be launched soon. GCSE Science AQA Required practical demonstrations 18th November 2020
- Online Non Fiction Book Writing Course For Beginners 13th November 2020
- Poem on the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) written by Rahima Islam. The Best Of Creations 13th November 2020
- My Mother poem written by Rahima Islam 13th November 2020
- The Launch of my new Online Non Fiction Book Writing Course For Beginners coming very soon. 29th October 2020
- Launching My Online Children’s Book Writing Course 4th October 2020
- What keeps us going during grief? 1st August 2020
- The dynamics of family life during Lockdown. 21st June 2020
- Isolation with the kids, linked in with my book; Parenting: A sacred privilege. 20th June 2020
- Inspirational talk about my books at ‘Fat cafe’ 1st March 2020
- There’s no compromise 15th January 2020
- My Hajj Journal 2019 11th January 2020
- My books are available at Darrusalam book shops across London 7th January 2019
- Book signing event at the Chapters coffee corner. December 2018 19th December 2018
- My journey through grief 1st December 2018
- Book fair 2018 presented by Al Qur’an academy London 30th November 2018
- Vintage High tea book signing event November 2018 21st November 2018
- Book launch party 2017 1st November 2018
- How on earth is modern science mentioned in the Qur’an? 27th October 2018